Choosing the Right Home Inspector
Buying a home? It is probably the most expensive purchase you will ever make. This is no time to shop for a cheap home inspection or home inspector. The cost of a home inspection is very small relative to the home having the home inspection. The additional cost of hiring an InterNACHI-certified home inspector is almost insignificant.
You have recently been crunching the numbers, negotiating offers, adding up closing costs, shopping for mortgages, and trying to get the best deals. Do not stop now. Do not let your real estate agent pass you a “patty-cake” home inspector for your home inspection, or anyone else talk you into skimping on the home inspection. InterNACHI-certified home inspectors perform the best home inspections by far.
InterNACHI-certified home inspectors earn their home inspection fees many times over at there home inspection. They do more, they deserve more, and, yes, they generally charge a little more for there home inspection. Do yourself a favor…and pay a little more for the quality home inspection you deserve by an experienced home inspector like myself.
Licensed HOME INSPECTOR can only set a minimum standard for the home inspection and many just do the minimum.
- I have many other qualities and experiences that make me stand out on the top in the home inspection business.
- I have been a home builder for many years.
- I have been in construction running a business, painting. tape bed texture, framing, insulation, remolding, rehabbing homes I bought to sell,
- I’m a licensed insurance adjuster,
To be an InterNACHI HOME INSPECTOR I have to:
- pass InterNACHI’s Online HOME INSPECTOR Examination every year.
- have to complete InterNACHI’s online HOME INSPECTOR Ethics Obstacle Course.
- have to take InterNACHI’s online Standards of Practice quiz for HOME INSPECTOR doing HOME INSPECTIONS
- have to sign and submit an Affidavit;
- have to adhere to InterNACHI’s Standards of Practice for HOME INSPECTOR;
- have to abide by InterNACHI’s Code of Ethics for HOME INSPECTIONS;
- have to continue seeking skills and education for HOME INSPECTIONS (24 hours per year), per InterNACHI’s Continuing Education policy for HOME INSPECTIONS;
- have to maintain a Member Online Continuing Education Log;
- have to submit four mock HOME INSPECTION to InterNACHI’s Report Review Committee before performing their first paid home inspection for a clients HOME INSPECTION (if the candidate has never performed a fee-paid HOME INSPECTION previously);
- within 30 days of joining, have to successfully complete InterNACHI’s comprehensive online Standards of Practice course for HOME INSPECTORS;
- within 60 days of joining, complete InterNACHI’s comprehensive online Roofing Inspection course, including all the quizzes within, and pass its final exam for roof inspection;
- within three months of HOME INSPECTOR membership, apply for a member photo I.D;
- have to re-take and pass InterNACHI’s Online home Inspector Examination for HOME INSPECTIONS again, every year;
- have to attend at least one chapter meeting or educational seminar every two years for HOME INSPECTORS (reasonable exceptions apply);
- have access to HOME INSPECTOR Quarterly, delivered to their doorstep;
- have access to InterNACHI’s free Visual Aid HOME INSPECTION Frames to help them learn more about how to do better HOME INSPECTION;
- have access to InterNACHI’s free library for improving their HOME INSPECTION skills at the HOME INSPECTION;
- have access to InterNACHI’s message board for exchanging information and tips for home inspectors;
- have access to InterNACHI’s “What’s New for HOME INSPECTORS” section so they can keep up with the HOME INSPECTION industry;
- have access to InterNACHI’s specific-topic HOME INSPECTION advisory boards;
- have access to “Dear InterNACHI” for detailed HOME INSPECTION advice;
- have access to a time-tested home Inspection Agreement, which keeps them (and you) away from HOME INSPECTION lawsuits;
- have access to InterNACHI’s home inspection Report Review/ HOME INSPECTION Mentoring service;
- have to submit passport photos for their HOME INSPECTOR membership I.D.;
- have access to InterNACHI’s free online HOME INSPECTION courses;
- have to carry HOME INSPECTOR E&O insurance;
- have access to a real estate agent hold-harmless clause for the home inspection;
- have access to InterNACHI HOME INSPECTION University;
- have access to the InterNACHI HOME INSPECTOR Mall;
- have a consumer hotline for their HOME INSPECTOR clients;
- have access to an HOME INSPECTION Arbitration and home inspector Dispute Resolution Service for there home inspection; and
- have access to a Client Satisfaction Survey for there HOME INSPECTOR.
So, the next time you need to refer your clients to a HOME INSPECTOR, make sure they are members of InterNACHI.
R Eyes Home Inspections
Phone: 940-390-4083 CALL OR TEXT